Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Ocean Isle Weekend Getaway

A few months ago I was invited to a weekend girls trip.  I'm the girl that's always down for a good road trip and new experiences so I obliged of course.  Sign me up!  I had no idea of what to expect other than I would be in good company.

We first stopped at this little soul food joint off of 85 South..whoa.  They warned me that I would be stuffed when we left.  Buffet style, southern menu. What's not to like?  I had North Carolina style barbecue, fried chicken, greens, mac and cheese and rolls. I'm sure I had a little of everything but these are a staple for me.  Food was fresh, staff was sassy but friendly and the tea (the drinkable kind) was SWEET!  If you're ever headed that route check out Ralph's.

We got to our destination a few hours later.  We walked into the recently updated condo that had an oceanfront view.  The kitchen was quaint but beautifully decorated.  The living room was full of beachy charm.  The bedrooms were cozy with comfortable bedding.  I couldn't wait to wake up to the sunrise the next morning!

I was completely obsessed with this view! To die for backdrop.  This was a perfect after summer, not quite end of the year, pre-holiday getaway.



We checked out the local scenery, drove down to Myrtle Beach to bar hop, enjoyed Halloween festivities, caught a movie and did a little shopping.  Awesome weekend to say the least.  I'm just happy that I got to dip my feet in the sand and soak up some sunshine ocean front in the middle of Autumn.  I suggest to anyone to cut out of work a day or so early and take a little road trip with your girls to unwind every once in a while.  It's good for your soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment