Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year's Mani

On a trip to CVS Pharmacy the other night I caught wind of sale of 50 percent and 70 percent off some cosmetics.  Didn't get into any of the lip sticks or lip glosses.  I really shouldn't have been in that section at all..but this is me we're talking about.  Anyways, I strolled down towards all the gel polishes etc and picked up a few colors.  I have been trying to diversify my collection of gel polishes.  I think I am getting bored with the colors and I want to try some new shades and brands.  My normal is to buy the Gelish brand, but I have recently bought a FingerPaints gel polish in purple and even tried the ASP brand of base coat when I ran out of the Gelish foundation.  So far so good.  

My CVS haul consisted of some lashes that were half off, two SensatioNail colors in Bubbly Champagne and Pink Daisy and Sally Hansen Gel Polish in Greige.  I decided to try the Sally Hansen first.  

I forgot to put PH bond on my left hand..but it turned out okay.  So I used ASP for my base with two coats, two coats of the Greige Gel Polish and one coat of Gelish Top It Off.  I did remember the PH bond by the time I got to my right hand.  

My nails turned out great! I usually don't do nudes.  I usually like a color that pops against my skin tone..but I can rock with this one.  I am thinking of doing a glitter gradient on one accent nail and maybe cheetah print on another accent nail.

My gel mani's dont usually last me a whole two weeks.  Lets see how this one does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment