Saturday, February 25, 2012

Afraid to show it..

A conversation with a guy sparked this blog post.  He told me that he was scared to show a woman his nice side due to being hurt in a previous relationship. It's no shocker to me, but I have come in contact with a few males who were afraid to properly court a woman because of something that happened in their past.

Usually its the woman who is accused of, or is known to bring past hurt into a new relationship.  So should the advice for a man be any different than the advice that has been given to women for years?  I secretly knew that he was feeling this way from having several conversations with him..but he actually admitted it.  

Here I was thinking that chivalry was dead...albeit in some cases, the whole idea of dating and courting has been thrown out the window..but for some men, they're just scared of being hurt again.  I just simply had to explain to him that all women don't "run game".  And asked him how would he  ever meet that special one if he's only showing his bad side, basically being selfish and a d!ck.  My point to him was: you only get one chance to make a first impression.  Why make that impression if that isn't really who you are?? 

Sometimes you just gotta put yourself out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment