Monday, August 13, 2012

Tickle my Fancy

As of late the internet is all a buzz with the latest fashion trends for nails.

I wouldn't say that I am the most girliest of them all..but I love all things cute, glittery, pink, sexy, yada yada yada..you know what I mean.

The stiletto nail trend: Cute, but not for me.  However, the details are awesome.  The colors are invigorating and the shine is perfection!

I'm kinda classy when it comes to nails. I just want a feminine, fun punch of color with square nails that are rounded at the corners. And maybe something sparkly every once in a while.  And nothing pleases me more than a nice shine!


Gelish/Shellac/Vegan polish trend:  I love them all.
I like the Gelish polish line, because it allows us do-it-yourselfers to play at our own convenience.  And if done right..it looks just as good as a nail tech would do.  Check out Sally Beauty Supply for the Gelish line

I haven't tried the Shellac line, but I definitely will.  
They do have a great variety of colors..so I won't hold out for too long



I have purchased a few polishes by Zoya.  I liked them okay.  Love the colors I see on their website, but never can seem to choose a color that complements my skin color when it arrives at the door.  I am hoping to find a local salon that has a vast collection to choose from.

Nail Strips:
I've tried the line by Sally Hansen.  Very creative designs.  They are fairly easy to put on, but they don't last very long.

Tips/Natural nails/Manicure:  

I haven't done tips since the early 2000's.  The process of getting tips makes my nail beds very sensitive, my nails are extra thin and I don't like the electric filing tools used to file and buff your nails.  

I love my natural nails.  They don't get quite as long as they used to but, I can work on that.  
Natural nails should be kept clean and trimmed evenly.  
Still haven't found the perfect top coat nor a clear nail hardener for my no polish days.  

I do love all the nail creativity out in the world.  I currently check Instagram and Pinterest for nail inspiration.  

SH

No comments:

Post a Comment