Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A girl's other best friend

Last week I took a quick trip to the mall..not for myself.  I hardly do any mall shopping for myself.  I prefer Target, Marshalls & T.J. Maxx to name a few.  My son wanted to purchase some overly expensive socks for Wacky Tacky Day at school.  He was purchasing with his own money so I didn't object.

I came across a few new stores and I love to window shop.  I tend to be an impulse buyer and I'm working on that so window shopping is a new requirement of mine.  I was able to keep my funds in my pocket while perusing a few stores, but then my eyes happened upon a new store.  It was accessories only.  And they were inexpensive.  I tend to not purchase many accessories..not sure why.  Sometimes I think accessories are too trendy.  I usually stick to my main staples such as hoop earrings, bracelet and necklace.  But I notice more and more, that having a cute, trendy pair of earrings every once in a while can spruce a simple outfit right up.  I really enjoyed my purchase that day. I bought a few funky pairs of earrings, a cute necklace and even threw in a couple of things for my mom.

Another reason, I tend to not buy lots of accessories is because after they aren't in style anymore, they kinda become junk or clutter.  I think I enjoyed the mall more than my son that particular time.  I got home and realized that I didn't have a fancy jewelry box or accessory tree to hang my new items on..so I found some packaging that came with a portable heater and reused them.  It had lots of little compartments which is what I needed and they costed me nothing, zip, $0.

I got to digging in my nightstand which is where I usually throw my jewelry and started organizing.  I had even forgotten about the earrings and necklaces that my neighbor bought back from her trips home to Punjab, India.  Although, I'm not done organizing and sifting through it all, I still plan to find something cutesy to store my pieces on or in, for right now my solution is on point.  And now I realize that accessories really can make or break an outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment