Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer's in session!

Here in Richmond the weather has been HOT to say the least.  I even have a heat rash to prove it (I know TMI), but oh well.  Just getting over the Memorial Day weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I cooked out at home, didn't visit family or friends..just chilled at home with my son and we had a friend or two over.
Due to my poor planning I didnt have my own pool cleaned out and ready in time to enjoy it, so we visited the pool at Pocahontas State park. It was crowded to say the least.  Then of course someone had an accident in the pool, which made for a perfect exit.  My little menu consisted of baby back ribs, beef sausages, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, potato salad, squash & zucchini, macaroni & cheese, chips and watermelon (you can't have grilled food without it). Ended the night, watching TV and drinking daiquiris with one of my best friends. 

I usually head to the beach for a quick getaway, but I couldnt muster up the energy to sit in traffic or splurge on gas.  Even though gas prices dropped a little something..I still wasnt feeling it. 

My summer plans are still TBD.  I have to do better with having a plan.  I got Myrtle Beach, Orlando, and Miami on the brain. Hopefully the family can pull together and make a nice vacay out of one of these places..if not..my son and me will make a road trip of it!  And I definitely have to make it to Atlantis in the Bahamas, that is definitely a dream vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment