Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunshine on a rainy day

Unlike most Spring weekends here in Richmond where the sun is out, today was actually muggy, a little warm and storms were a brewing.  I slept in (how lovely that felt). Chatted over the phone with one of my oldest friends for a long time.  It amazes me how times have changed.  Some of the things that were allowed when we were kids...our own kids would never be allowed to do.  I guess I'm a little sad about that.  The world is sometimes a crazy and dangerous place.  We would all love to shield our kids from the harsh realities of it.  Although our ways of parenting are very different, our main goal is to always protect our children.

On my way to pick up a birthday gift for my other friend, I got caught in the rain.  Good thing I keep plastic bags in the back of my car (from shopping of course).  Because I surely didn't think to bring an umbrella.  Hair catastrophe avoided. That wouldn't have faired well to have had to show up to dinner with dripping wet hair.

My girls and I have a birthday tradition.  This year we skipped on the chain restaurants and headed out to Mama J's.  I did very minimal research, due to hearing several good reviews.  And we loved it!! Cute and quaint.  Clean.  Good food. Decent prices.  And very friendly staff. I really loved the decor.  Cutest restroom too.  A return trip is very necessary.  I have already recommended them to friends.  http://www.mamajskitchen.com




No comments:

Post a Comment