Saturday, November 7, 2015

Are you having a hard time focusing on your short-term goals?

          If you are having a hard time focusing on your short term goals it may be that your life is full of clutter.  You can't properly function when you have lots of little things that are in your way. These little things left unhandled can become big things over time.  Before hibernation time settles in. Lets get going!

It's fall...for me that involves a lot of soup cooking, television watching and nap wanting.  This time of year can quickly derail any short-term goals you have planned for yourself.  I mean lets be realistic here..who doesn't want to curl up with a warm cup of coffee and a good book? I see your virtual hands up. 

Don't fall into the trap.  Wake up each morning and jot down your goals on a note pad (five of them is a good number).  Each day, plan to knock out at least three of those things.  Whatever item/goal that you don't complete rolls over to the next day.  Before you know it, a week has gone by and you are well on your way to a more organized and accomplished you.  These things can be business, life organization or home project related that you have been delaying.

I give this advice as well as I am practicing it myself.  I realize that I receive way too many emails.  I am beginning to unsubscribe from emails that I skim over on a daily.  Also, I've begun deleting ancient emails..Just today I am all the way back to unread or junk emails from 2012.  Knowing better is doing better.  Don't put it off-start today!!

Next up is de-cluttering my papers..I'm on my way to some guilt-free coffee and FICTION!!

No comments:

Post a Comment