Thursday, November 19, 2015

No more Mockingjay..

          The last installment of The Hunger Games will be out in theaters tomorrow.  I'm so sad that there won't be anymore.  

I had the liberty to catch an advance viewing of The Hunger Games; Mockingjay Part 2 last night.  A friend of mine gifted me four passes that I just couldn't pass up.  It was a coincidence that I had just received an email from Fandango to purchase tickets to a double play premiere then I received the text message from my friend telling me she had passes.  I swear she has ESP. 

First of all, I definitely am a fan of Jennifer Lawrence.  She is very talented and I truly enjoy watching her as Katniss Everdeen.  She makes me want to learn to shoot a bow and arrow! I also just so happened to have caught up on the previous two installments over the weekend.  So I was all anxious to find out what was next in store for Katniss, Peeta and Gail.  

I haven't read a lick of any of the books so the ending was a complete surprise for me.  And now that I have seen the series, I will read the books..I know, totally backwards..but hey.  I recognized something good when I decided to catch the first installment.  Now I get to look forward to all the parts that couldn't fit into the movies.  

This movie had me wiping my tears on my sleeves a few times.  I got to see Katniss finally choose between her two loves and she finally was able to stop fighting for District 12.  I give the movie two thumbs up. I really enjoyed it...some of the scenes were a little far fetched..but definitely a good way to end such an iconic series.  Now all I need to do is learn that song, that whistle and how to keep my three fingers really close together.. I'm giggling as I type but I'm so serious!! 



The sponsors of the screening even gave us commemorative mocking jay pins. The movie is the move, go see it!  Panem!

No comments:

Post a Comment